Thursday, September 17, 2009

Context.

Yesterday, a friend of mine lost his father.

And that really just shoves things into context, y'know?

After hearing the news yesterday evening, I was sitting on my bed thinking about things and it really hit me that people (myself included) are placing priority on things that really shouldn't be important at all. You've probably heard by now about the Kanye West/Taylor Swift incident the VMAs. Of course you have; Everyone has. What perplexes me is the sheer amount of people I know who are so passionately angry at Kanye after hearing the news. Is it honestly so important that Kanye is a jerk? If I broke it to them that my friend lost his dad, in all likelihood all they'd do is go "Oh" and the conversation would move on. In comparison to how they reacted to the VMAs, that's just really messed up.

Sure, these people don't know my friend personally, and neither did they know his dad. But do they know Kanye or Taylor? Probably not. And come on, even Taylor Swift would tell you that losing her father would be infinitely more grievous that what happened to her at the VMAs.

Is my message getting through here? 'Cos I really don't know.

What do you think?

1 comment:

BLCS93 said...

I couldn't agree more....